Sunday, May 15, 2011

Survey Says?

I've been watching Family Feud and making lists of blog topics today.  I actually created my first post earlier this week, but as the site decided to crash that very day, my timing was a little poor.  No loss, trust me, so I'll try again. 

Did I mention that I've been making lists of blog topics all day while watching  Family Feud? I can't help but contemplate my love of the show. Could Richard Dawson's 1978 sexist swagger be invoking some kind of lame nostalgia?  Survey says no. I love it for its categories, its lists, the neat little piles it creates for things, the way it organizes trivial information.  Reasons people get divorced, Famous Barbaras, Reasons you move . . . Never-ending lists and piles. 

Indulge me:

  • Things that run
  • American car maufacturing companies
  • Things in a purse
  • Foods that are green
  • Things you save for
  • Things you read
and for the steal . . . THINGS YOU BLOG (please). 

1 comment:

  1. Richard Dawson WAS the bombdiggity!!! I have a game show addict in my house - he's almost 13 - and he comes by it naturally (we were all game show addicts as kids) and now that so many of them come on late at night, it's the sound I hear as I drift off to sleep...the theme to 'Ten THousand Dollar Pyramid'...and he insists that I watch Jeopardy with him as I can usually breeze through round 1. Now if I could just get the education system to teach in the same way so that he would love school...
    Ellen Donahue Lambert

    ReplyDelete